Introduction to Geographic Information Systems “GIS” training course 2020
Gentlemen: training Department
The International Training &Consultation Center is pleased to invite you to attend the training program, the information required are in the following:
• Use online resources to quickly create a GIS map.
• Describe two common data models used to represent real-world objects and phenomena in a GIS.
• Evaluate geographic data for use in a GIS mapping project.
• Explore a GIS map and access information about map features.
• Visually analyze feature relationships and patterns on a GIS map.
• Create queries to find and select features that meet specific criteria.
• Prepare a GIS map to share information and present analysis results.
What is GIS?
• How a GIS works
• What can you do with a GIS?
• Discover, use, make, share
• Introducing an online GIS
• Using a GIS
• Defining GIS
What is GIS data?
• Vector geometries
• Vector information
• Raster basics
• Data storage
• Which data to use?
• Choosing data models
Navigating a GIS map
• Moving around a map
• Data and layout view
• Moving around a map layout
• Info tools and attributes
• Attribute query basics
• Location query basics
• Creating queries
• Querying maps
The cost of the program include the following
The training package.
Certificates in Arabic and English for each participant.
Training tools (projector, pens and writing papers).
The training hall.
Registration & Contact information
Please sent confirmation letter for attending, to the following contacts:
If you would like any further information, please don't hesitate to contact me
Training Advisor| amal abdulrhman